St David's Battery At Great Head Park
St David’s Battery (circa 1910) was the last major fortification built in the east end and is home to four breech loading guns. The two northern guns are in the "examination battery" which was manned by the Bermuda Militai Artillary. The southern pair of 9.2 inch guns had a range of approximately seven miles, but were rarely fired in practise due to complaints from civilians living near by. Hike along the trail and down the cliff stairs to the look-out's post. Great Head Park also features The Memorial for Those Lost at Sea, by ex-seaman and artist Bill Ming, which was unveiled in 2005 by HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York.