Historic Tucker House
Historic Tucker House has a magnificent collection of Tucker family silver, china and crystal, antique English mahogany and Bermuda cedar furniture, portraits by Blackburn, and exquisite hand-sewn quilts. The house was occupied by Henry Tucker, President of the Governor's Council, his wife Frances, duaghter of Governor Bruere, and their many children from 1775 to 1807. During the American Civil War, the kitchen of the house was used as a barber shop by Joseph Rainey, an American who later became one of the first Black members of the US House of Representatives. The archeology exhibit in the cellar highlights the ties between Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, and St. George's.
Hours: Wed-Sat, 11am – 3pm (confirm opening times 236 6483)
Bus Routes: 1, 3, 10, 11
Admission: Adults $5, Children (6-18 years) $2
Combination Ticket to all three Trust museums $10