Alexandra Battery and Buildings Bay

Address: 
Barry Road, St. George's, Bermuda

Alexandra Battery was armed with 9-inch muzzle loading guns. mounted behind iron battery shields, and completed in  in the 1860s. In the 1890's the iron emplacements were covered by new emplacements for 6-inch breech loading guns.The fortification provides wonderful views of the north shore and ships' channel which it protected. Just below the fort is Frobisher's Buildings Bay where the Deliverance was built from 1609 to 1610 by the survivors of the Sea Venture shipwreck. Some seaglass may be found here, however it is unlawful to remove it from the beach.