The State House
The State House, built in 1620 and restored in 1969, is one of the oldest British stone structures in the New World. It housed Bermuda's first Parliament and Court House and the upper level was the storehouse for the island's gunpowder supply for 150 years. After the capital moved to Hamilton in 1815, the State House was rented to Bermuda's oldest Masonic Lodge for a yearly rent of one peppercorn, paid every April with much pomp and ceremony. Outside viewing only.