Gates Fort

Address: 
Cut Road, St. George's Town, Bermuda

Gates Fort sits on the edge of Town Cut, a channel deepened in the early1900's to allow large ships access to St. George Harbour. The first fort built on the site was constructed by 1626. It was rebuilt in the 1790's by Captain Andrew Durnford and four guns were mounted. Today the fort is a great location to watch cruise ships naviagte the narrow channel and visiting yachts head out to the north Atlantic.